Sunday, August 24, 2008

Time Flies

Time waits for no man. Everyone knows this, yet few knows how to make full use of it. I have a little joke which has left a deep impression on me.

Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

This is the story about 4 people named: Everybody, Somebody,
Anybody, and Nobody.

- There was an important job to be done and Everybody was
sure Somebody would do it.

- Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

- Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

- Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized
that Everybody wouldn't do it.

- It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody
did what Anybody could have done.


So, my question, did anybody do his job? haha..

Ok, back to the topic. "Teaching saps your mind, but fills your soul." One of my friend put this phrase on his MSN nick, and I found it appropriate.. When you are teaching, you will not realize how time passes so much faster.. How I wish I could have 48 hours instead of 24. Well, in the end, it is still a numbers game. Even if I had 48 hours, I would have wished for more. Men is greedy. So in the end, I can only blame our ancestors for regulating the number of hours in a day. Why do we even have days, hours, minutes, seconds? Indeed this is a tough question. As I am lying down thinking of this question, I ask myself what have I achieved in this 26 years of life? Some say that blogs are a waste of time, so am I wasting my time writing all these? Time is a commodity that we cannot stop it from flowing away, and as I type out these words, watching these words appear word by word on my screen, time flows past me. Tick tock, Tick tock... there it goes, even for you, my dear readers, you have spent at least 5 minutes of your precious time reading my post. And for that, I thank you.. Thanks to all the supporters coming to tag my blog every now and then.

If you intend to race with time, you can never win it. So the next question will be how do you make full use of it? If I have a choice, I would have hoped that time can reverse and I can make better use of it. Men is lazy. That is why we need deadlines..If we are not given deadlines, god knows when we will be able to finish the job! However, having said so, you either choose to cherish time or see it flow by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"How time flies". It almost becomes a cliche, it is the crutal truth of life. How we wished we could stop it. Your words reminds me of “匆匆”by Mr Zhu Ziqing.
I am not wasting time on reading your blog, cos it is a pleasure.