Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reflections from Class Chalet

Arh, just brought my dear 2F to Aloha Changi to enjoy for a class chalet. Have been with this class since last year July..Now I believe that out of so many classes in Sec 2, my class is one of the best class, and I have no doubt about that. I have heard of notorious express classes, and also irresponsible form teachers.. And I do remember that the most memorable memory that is still deeply etched in me, would come from all those class outings and class chalets, hence I truly believe in unity through activities like class chalets..

Throughout this 2 days 1 night stay, I realized a few things about my class:

1. They like to form cliques, and it will be difficult to break them up to cooperate together. But when there are mass activities, they will still come together..

2. My Malay kids are more sensible than the Chinese Kids, through several observations..They would automatically clear up the rubbish, sms me to let me know that they want to thank me for this outing, and volunteer themselves at times. My Chinese Kids will give me a very unwilling face, whenever I get them to do things, and this upsets me to see that they do not know what it means by personal respoinsibility.

3. Boys are generally less lovely as girls, in terms of their behaviour and acts, but I still love them all.

4. They love BBQ, but I did not have the time to arrange for them..Sorry for that, will keep that in mind.

5. They are self initiated to bring their own games and stuff as long as it can satisfy their gaming needs.

6. They are generally rich nowadays, and many bring along their PSPs.

7. They can be well disciplined kids, and I hope that they can unite more as a class.

8. They have an appetite bigger than a lion, especially the guys.

Now, organising this chalet was not easy, and a pity that some of the gals could not join due to girl guides camp, and during the holidays, there will surely be clashes with remedials and school CCA camps, so luckily the turnout was good, with around 36 of us there. Coordinating and bringing them there proved to be a challenge, as we took the public transport, but I am glad that all went well. We went to the beach and had a great time there, playing soccer, cycling, playing in the sea, and taking photos. I think we should have a games IC to coordinate the games.. Then we went to have lunch at the Changi Village Hawker centre, and some of them were sun burnt, so all of us looked red and dark when we reached the chalet eventually. After check in, they proceeded to play their games, bathe, and I was doing meetings with some of my students, and time passed quickly. Then, we had pizza as dinner, but things did not turn out as well, as some of them did not get to eat enough and went hungry. So in the end, they had to order Mac, and I went to get some cup noodles and stuff for them. We had some fun playing the card game 99, through the night, and then, I really couldn't take it as we all collapsed for the night.. but some of them were still as active as ever.. Kids are still kids.. haha.. Eventually, we woke up the next morning, cleaned up, asked for their feedbacks, and checked out of the chalet, only to find that one of the knives were missing, and we had to pay for them.

I got some detailed feedbacks from the gals, but it was so obvious that some of the guys were trying to "entertain" me, when they only wrote 1-2 simple words, and 1 even needed to copy from his friend. Just so disappointing when you try to put in effort to get the best for them, yet they do not appreciate your efforts. I do hope to book at least 3 days 2 nights for the next chalet, and hopefully everyone can turn up for that, and more activities will be planned for that..

If and only if, they can show me that they deserve to have the next chalet out! What do you think, 2F? Do you think you can show me better results and behaviour in term 2? I believe in you, but do you believe in yourself?

Pictures are available in Facebook, can someone create a 2F facebook account, and I can share the photos.. Tks.


Part 1:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=85687&id=608870951&saved#/album.php?aid=85685&id=608870951

Part 2:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=85687&id=608870951&saved#/album.php?aid=85686&id=608870951

No comments: