Friday, April 25, 2008

Random thoughts

Hmm today, I shall write about some things about myself that I think is funny.

1st of all, I am a cancerian, hail all cancerians! yay! Now this joke happened during my secondary school days, think it was sec 3. The 1st time my English teacher walked into class (A big fat Angmoh) started off class by asking us to introduce ourselves and asking about our zodiac signs. Then, when he reached me, i was acting smart (ge kiang), so I said loudly, Last day of cancer! Then he gave me a very sad look and said: "Oh so sad, Please take care of yourself." I gave him that blur look, and the rest of the class were already laughing away. It was then I realized the joke. Did you get it?

Next, I was the geography rep in class during Sec 3. Apparently, teachers don't always choose the best student to be the rep! Yeah, and there were 2 instances that I could remember. There was once when I was disturbing others in class, talking to them during lesson, then suddenly, my geography teacher shouted across to ask my 3 other friends to stop disturbing me, cos I need to study! haha. Then, there was another instance when I was napping in class (cos it was really boring), and I was woken up by my Geog teacher again, who asked if I was sick, and whether I need to go to the sick bay! haha..

And the next 2 incidents is something that will be in my memory for life. Some of you who have noticed, would have known that my front 2 teeth are dentures. During my Primary 4, I was running along a bench, and I slipped and knocked my teeth on the edge of the bench. Ouch (number 1) , I can only recall that my whole mouth is bleeding, and was sent to the hospital, and there goes my baby teeth.

This is the interesting one. When I was in Sec 1, on this fateful morning, we were given a scolding by one of our NCOs in charge, so he was talking and talking, and the next thing I recalled was when I opened my eyes and saw my 2 front teeth lying neatly on the floor. Then, the pain came, Ouch (number 2)..My whole mouth was bleeding and of course it hurts lar, MY MOUTH HIT THE TARRED ROAD! So I was sent to hospital again, and I laid there for few hours. Luckily my NCO picked up my teeth, and both me and my teeth underwent an operation before they were back into place again. But, by the time it ended, my lips were swollen like 2 sausages, and until now, there is still a small scar on my lip..What then happened to my teeth? The 2 teeth went back into the slots where they belonged but did not have a life of its own, as I refused to go back to the dentist due to the agony he put me through. Well, I regretted it, because my teeth were dead from the moment it was put back. During my JC time, when I extracted it out, it smelt like.... and it was already rotten inside.. So, finally I got dentures, and I just changed into a new pair recently. You must be wondering, so what exactly happened during my Sec 1, and why I did not go for implants (i.e permanent teeth, or denture)?

One set of implant (2 teeth) , where they screw it into your gums, will cost around $8k. Yes, that is how expensive it is. So I have not saved enough for my precious teeth.

And next, it goes that, few years down the road, during one of our NPCC gatherings, when we were all 20 plus, we were reminiscing about the good old days, and we were joking about how our NCOs, and one of our friends, who nearly fainted after he saw me blackout. haha. His face was greener than the leaves. And one of my friend then made this admission: " Actually hor, I was in front of you, but you may not have remembered. But I thought you were playing with me, so I siam (jump) to one side, and then you fell onto the floor liao." Can you imagine how hard we were laughing cos of this? My PRECIOUS front 2 teeth were gone because he thought I was joking with him?? haha.. my precious... All right, we are still friends..and that is also one reason why I get so involved in NPCC.. Now my NPCC story.

I still remembered the days when there was still saturday for CCAs, when the government haven't realised that we are not making enough babies to make Saturday a non-working day. So we went to school early around 7.30am on Saturday morning for NPCC, and we spent about half a day marching, singing songs, and after lunch (my favourite curry maggi mee with luncheon meat and eggs.. Yummy! The only time where maggi mee was allowed to be cooked in school..) , we went on to play soccer, or captains ball, or telematch, or talk crap...But that was the time.. and my class from Sec 1 to 4, had the largest number of people in NPCC, 1/4 of class. So until now, 13 years of friendship, and going on strong. We still celebrate each others birthday, go out frequently to chill out, and share our laughter and woes.. haha.. my dear frens..

Okie.. so much for today's post.. But just for my students who still do not know me much, Cancerians are very emotional and sensitive people, but I am a very optimistic person. It is just that I do not laugh in front of you.. haha..That's all folks!

No comments: