Thursday, April 24, 2008

Think about others before yourself.

These are some questions that I think many teachers will ask of their students, and the answers given are always so standard, so I try to see how students think.

1. Students, why did you not do the homework I give?

Sample Ans: Got tests, and so many homework that other teachers give. You only give 1 day or 2 days to do, where got time to finish?

The real scenario:

1. There is really a lot of work that teachers give (but which teacher doesnt give homework except PE teacher? They also gave homework too, by asking you to keep fit!). But if most students can complete, why can't you?

2. I am just lazy, when I see homework, I really have phobia, I rather the teacher come and chase after me, then I stay back and do.

3. I rather play the computer, playing games is better than writing work! Or I play the computer for more than 3 hours a day, after that so tired already, how to do work? Might as well go to sleep.

4. Wah, CCA is more important, I rather go for CCA, than do work, so much more enjoyable!

5. Simply can't be bothered. Heck care lar, do you think doing homework can help me pass?

Isn't it true? Come on, I was a student once, how can I not know what you are thinking? So give me a break, treasure what you have got, and really go and DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Next,

Question: Students, why do you keep on talking?

Answer: Sorry, next time will not do it again. ( Liar, I know you will make noise again!)

Real Scenario:
1. Because I have ADHD, and I just can't stop talking or moving about.

2. The more likely case: Because I just feel like talking, and can't keep my mouth closed.

3. Also highly likely: I need attention, I need the guys or gals in class to take notice of me!

If you talk, you not only disrupt the lesson, but it makes learning difficult. Before you talk, ask yourself, is it necessary to talk? Think about other's feelings.

If you do not want to do your work, think about your poor teachers who have to keep hounding you, think about your parents who will be disappointed when your poor teachers call them up and tell them the problem, and think about what is your purpose of coming to school to study. Thanks.

No comments: